- 11 Sep 2018
- Dorothée David
1/ The 2018-2019-2020 Collective Bargaining Agreement for employees of insurance companies (hereinafter referred to as “the 2018-2020 CBA”), agreed between the ALEBA and the ACA on the one hand, and the OGB-L and LCGB-SESF trade unions on the other, has been declared as a general obligation by the Grand Ducal regulation of 1 August 2018, published in Mémorial A no. 724 of 27 August 2018. The declaration of general obligation comes into effect on the date on which the 2018-2020 CBA comes into force, so on 1 January 2018.
The 2018-2020 CBA contains, among other things, the following new points:
- An extraordinary bonus has been introduced: €600 gross for 2018, €300 gross for 2020.
- The definition of the basic salary has been changed, and from now on includes the seniority bonus and individual rises. The extraordinary bonus is not included.
- The scale for thresholds 1 and 2 have been increased for all employees.
- The basic scales have been increased for new employees hired after 1 January 2018, after 1 January 2019 and after 1 January 2020 respectively.
- Employees enjoy a right to 40 hours of training, which cannot be carried over, over a period of 12 consecutive months (calendar year), on a pro rata basis depending on the time worked and the time present at the company. Training associated with the company’s regulatory obligations can only represent a maximum of 20 hours, so 50% of the annual training entitlement. An appraisal and an individual training plan are drawn up every year.
- The training bonus granted at the end of the integration training has been standardised at €5 gross (index 100) for all job title groups. It is incorporated with the salary, and is not taken out to calculate the three-year guarantee.
2/ The addendum to the Collective Bargaining Agreement for employees working in hospitals in Luxembourg for the period between 1 July 2017 and 30 June 2020 (hereinafter referred to as “the Addendum”), agreed between the “Fédération des Hôpitaux Luxembourgeois” on the one hand, and the OGB-L et LCGB trade unions on the other, has been declared as a general obligation by the Grand Ducal regulation of 1 August 2018, published in Mémorial A no. 723 of 27 August 2018.
The Addendum introduces changes to the text of the Collective Agreement signed on 21 June 2017 regarding:
- The new “modèle de carrières revalorisées” (upgraded career model) (including in particular the applicable interim measures).
- The increase in the FHL CBA point value and the basic hourly rate, within the context of the implementation of the salary agreement within the civil service.