- 16 Feb 2018
- Dorothée David
A Grand-Ducal Regulation dated 15 November 2017 has declared the new Collective Employment Agreement for employees working in hospital establishments in Luxembourg (hereinafter the “CCT FHL”) to be of general obligation, proceeding from the protocol to renew the agreement between the Fédération des Hôpitaux luxembourgeois (Luxembourg Hospital Federation, FHL), on the one hand, and the trade unions OGB-L and LCGB, on the other, dated 21 June 2017.
The new CCT FHL is designed to transpose career reviews and the salary agreement for Public Service to the hospital sector.
Articles 14 and 15 of the agreement, regarding the definition of the beginning of a career, the bonus awarded for long service and classification, have therefore been modified and replaced with a revised career model, which came into force on 1 October 2017. The new career grids and classifications applicable since this date are attached to the new agreement.
The CCT FHL also stipulates the following main points:
- payment of single bonuses calculated on income for 2014, 2015 and 2016;
- increasing the index point value by 2.2%, as of 1 January 2017;
- increasing the index point value by 1.5% in the future, as of 1 January 2018 (applicable as soon as the law on the 2016-2018 salary agreement for the public sector comes into force);
- transposition of all the rights and responsibilities of the joint works council to the staff delegation (replacement of the term “joint works council” with “staff delegation” in the text of the new FHL agreement);
- launch of discussions about improving the organisation of working time and its management. The associated conclusions must be arrived at by 30 June 2018.
The new CCT FHL is valid for the period from 1 July 2017 to 30 June 2020.