- 05 Jan 2022
- Dorothée David
A press release published by the Ministry of the Economy on 28 December 2021 specifies that :
- applications for short-time working for February 2022 can be submitted via MyGuichet.lu from 8 January 2022 until 15 January 2022 inclusive, for any company that wants to benefit from short-time working due to economic difficulties, including those in the hospitality and events sectors;
- companies in the hospitality sector (cafés, restaurants, establishments that serve drinks with or without entertainment, clubs, short-term accommodation facilities etc.) and the events sector (cinemas, conferences, trade fairs etc.) could, up to and including 7 January 2022, submit a request to be granted the benefit of short-time working retroactively for December 2021 and January 2022, under the following conditions:
- the company has been affected by the legal obligation to close at 11 p.m. applicable until 28 February 2022,
- the company must submit a separate application for each of the 2 months,
- the application for short-time working must be submitted via the MyGuichet.lu platform.
More detailed information is available on the website Guichet.lu.
 Law of 24 December 2021 modifying: 1. the modified law of 17 July 2020 on the measures to combat the Covid-19 pandemic; 2. the modified law of 19 December 2020 introducing a temporary government contribution to the costs not covered by certain companies; 3.` the modified law of 19 December 2020 introducing a new recovery aid scheme, published in Mémorial A no. 939.