- 12 Feb 2019
- Dorothée David
Next step: 18 February 2019
- Deadline for submitting electoral lists
The alphabetic list (electoral list) of employees who meet the conditions to vote (elector-employees) and to be voted for (eligible employees) must be submitted, for consultation with employees, three weeks before the ballot, so by 18 February 2019 at the latest.
A template of the electoral list is available on the ITM website.
As a reminder, the conditions of electorate are:
- any employee, regardless of sex and nationality,
- aged 16 or over on the day of the election,
- employed by the company for at least 6 months on the day of the election,
- bound to the company by an employment or apprenticeship contract.
- any employee aged 18 or over on the day of the election,
- employed continuously in the company for 12 months before the 1st day of the month during which the notice announcing the elections is displayed,
- who is citizen of Luxembourg or a Member State, or holder of a work permit,
- excluding: up to 4th degree relatives of the head of the company, apprentices, managers, directors or/and person responsible for the staff department of the company (on this point, the ITM means any employee with the role of director or manager who really has decision-making powers over staff (i.e. the power to hire/fire an employee) and whose role involves a potential conflict of interests with the mandate of staff delegate.)
- Displaying the notice announcing the 3-day deadline for submitting complaints about the electoral lists
The notice informs employees that any complaint about the electoral lists submitted must be presented to the employer and to the ITM within 3 working days of the lists being submitted.
This period for submitting complaints about the electoral lists runs from 19 February to 21 February inclusive.
The ITM recommends generating and then printing out the document to be used as a notice announcing the deadline for complaints on the interactive secure MyGuichet platform, after saving the relevant information there.
- Communication to the ITM of the election notice and the notice about the complaint deadline, via the electronic platform
Companies working from Tuesday to Saturday:
The applicable date for these three processes in companies working from Tuesday to Saturday is 16 February 2019.
The 18 February date only relates to companies working from Monday to Friday, or with a continuous work system.